Significant and Premium Investor stream – Subclass 188 visa
To be eligible for the PIV visa you must be nominated by Austrade and you must make a complying investment of at least AUD15 million. To be eligible for the SIV visa you must make a complying investment of at least AUD5 million in the following proportions:
- At least AUD500 000 in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies.
- At least AUD1.5 million in approved managed funds investing in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- A ‘balancing investment’ of at least AUD3 million in managed funds that may invest in a range of assets, including ASX-listed companies, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and commercial real estate.
You must also have a genuine and realistic commitment to:
- reside in the state or territory whose government agency nominated you
- continue your business and investment activity in Australia after the conclusion of your provisional visa
- live in Australia for at least 40 days per year for the duration of your provisional visa, or your spouse to live for at least 180 days per year (calculated cumulatively) .
You, your partner, or you and your partner combined must have net assets of at least AUD5 million that are legally acquired, unencumbered, and available to be used to make the complying investment in Australia.
Australian Visa Options can assist you through the entire process:
Step 1 Investment Advice: We provide you with direct access to a Financial Adviser that specialises in complying funds for the Significant Investor Visa. This also includes translator facilities in Chinese. The adviser will build an investment strategy for the proposed investment, taking into consideration the client’s financial objectives, risk and duration, in accordance with the legal requirement of the SIV complying Investment. The Financial Adviser will facilitate the initial investment into Commonwealth/State/Territory government bonds and/or managed funds over the complying period of 4 years with the option to switch between complying investments.
Step 2 Expression of Interest: We will lodge your Expression of Interest into the Skill Select system of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, nominating the preferred State or Territory in which you wish to reside.
Step 3 State Sponsorship Application: We will lodge your application with the State or Territory that you want to nominate you for sponsorship.
Step 4 Visa Application Assistance: After receiving your invitation from DIBP, we will prepare and lodge the visa application for yourself and family members (spouse and dependent children)
Step 5 Permanent Residence: After your initial four visa is near to expire we assist to make application for your and your immediate family’s permanent visa (fee based). Your AUD 5Million can be withdrawn after the 4 year period with no requirement to keep investing into complying funds once the permanent visa is granted.