Skill Select and the EOI
Skilled migrants wishing to make a visa application must first meet all the criteria required for the visa and then submit an EOI (Expression Of Interest) on the SkillSelect system. Intending migrants may then be nominated by Australian employers and state governments, and receive invitations from the Australian government to lodge a visa application.
It is mandatory to submit an EOI and receive an invitation for the following visas:
- Subclass 189 Skilled – Independent (permanent) (Class SI)
- Subclass 190 Skilled – Sponsored (Permanent) (Class SK)
- Subclass 489 – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP)
- Business Skills visa program
You can also express interest in the following visa programs on your EOI to be selected for an invitation by an employer:
- Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme ENS (Class EN)
- Subclass 187 – Regional Sponsored Scheme RSMS (Class RN)
- Subclass 457 – Temporary Business (long stay) (Class UC)
If a potential applicant receives an invitation to lodge a visa they will only have 60 days to complete their application. For this reason it is imperative that applicants have most of their documentation in place prior to submitting an EOI.
Australian Visa Options can also provide assistance with the lodgement of your Expression of Interest into the Skill Select system, and ensure that you receive maximum points on the Points Test.
Talk to us now about our EOI Assistance package.
Australian Visa Options offers a specialised and intensive case management service, for clients wishing to resolve their complex migration matters and in dealing with unfavourable decisions. With a deep understanding of the latest migration legislation and policy, we will do our best to obtain a positive outcome for our clients.
We can assist with the following matters including:
- Notifications of Intention to Cancel
- Requests for Further Information
- Refusals and Applications for Review
- Visa Expiry
- Migration Review Tribunal (MRT) matters
- Applicants with health or character issues
This service is designed for clients whose needs extend beyond standard visa requirements.
Upon engagement of our professional services we will provide advice as follows:
- An initial thorough assessment of your case, offering practical solutions
- An honest appraisal of all possible outcomes
- Ethical, constructive and honest migration advice
- Assistance with collection of supporting documents
- Preparation of written responses, submissions and applications
Contact us now if you require assistance with a complex migration case.