General Skilled Migration
The Independent Skilled Migration Visa programme is a suitable Australian migration pathway for potential applicants who:
- Are over 18 and less than 50 years of age
- Have good English language ability
- Are nominating an eligible occupation
- Have relevant skilled work experience
- Have a recognised qualification or trade and a valid skills assessment from the relevant Australian assessing authority
- Are of good health and character
Potential visa applicants are assessed against a migration points system. Points are allocated against an applicant’s age, skills, qualifications and other relevant attributes.
In addition to this, visa applicants applying through Independent Skilled Migration must also have an occupation listed upon the relevant skilled occupation lists:
- Independent applicant subclass 189 visa – Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 1
- State or territory sponsored applicant subclass 190 visa – Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 1 or the (CSOL) and an occupation listed on the relevant State Government’s Migration Plan.
Potential visa applicants will first have to submit an EOI (Expression Of Interest) using the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s SkillSelect online system and receive an invitation in order to lodge a visa application. Understanding and entering the correct information into your EOI is crucial to the success of your application and mistakes can lead to a costly visa refusal. We can assist with this entire process from skills assessment and EOI, to the State sponsorship application and visa application following your invitation.
Contact us now to determine your eligibility.